Aetna Covid-19 MemoMarch 18, 2020, 01:48 PM | by: David Williams | No Comments
March 17, 2020
Dear Valued Partner:
We share the same goal: to help people get and stay healthy. We are your partners in health care, and act to serve you and the millions of patients who rely on us for their health care needs.
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, CVS Health and Aetna are here to support you with timely answers and information. Through CVS Health and Aetna’s combined resources and your partnership, we can best support your Aetna patients’ health and well-being, ensure their access to medication and remove barriers to care.
We’re here to help you, help your patients and recently announced these resources and enhancements when applicable:
• If you request testing related to COVID-19, we’ll waive your Aetna patient’s cost sharing.
• Aetna Commercial patients pay $0 for covered telemedicine visits until June 4, 2020.
• Until further notice, Aetna is also expanding coverage of telemedicine visits to its Aetna Medicare members, so they can receive the care they need from you without leaving their homes. With this change and new flexibilities announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to help combat the virus, Aetna Medicare members can now see their providers virtually via telephone or video.
• Aetna is offering its Medicare Advantage brief virtual check-in and remote evaluation benefits to all Aetna Commercial members and waiving the co-pay.
• Care packages will be sent to Aetna patients diagnosed with COVID-19. Through Aetna’s Healing Better program, Aetna Commercial and Medicare Advantage members will receive CVS items to help relieve symptoms as well as personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in the home protected from potential exposure. Call the number on your Aetna patient’s ID card to register a recently diagnosed patient.
• Patients won’t have to pay a fee for home delivery of prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy®.
• Aetna is extending its Medicare Advantage virtual evaluation and monitoring visit benefit to all Aetna members as a fully-covered benefit.
• We’re waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all Commercial members with pharmacy benefits administered through CVS Caremark.
• Aetna Medicare members may request early refills on 90-day prescription maintenance medications at retail or mail pharmacies if needed. For drugs on a specialty tier, we’re waiving early refill limits for a 30-day supply.
• Through existing care management programs, Aetna will proactively reach out to your patients who are most at-risk for COVID-19.
Please refer to the What You Need to Know About the Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Aetna Providers FAQs on Aetna.com for additional important information. There, you’ll find information about codes related to COVID-19 and selected labs approved to do COVID-19 testing. This page will continually be updated with information as it becomes available to help you care for your patients.
Let’s work together to provide your patients with a clear path to care. Thank you for your continued partnership.
SVP, Network Strategy and Provider Experience
Aetna is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Aetna group of companies, including Aetna Life Insurance Company and its affiliates (Aetna).
Refer to Aetna.com for more information about Aetna® plans.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time.
We are located at 151 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT 06156.
©2020 Aetna Inc.